

United Way of Utah County recently had their annual day of caring. Someone we know and love was the recipient of a day of labor in her home and yard provided by 75 volunteers from our community. They cleaned her entire yard, worked inside her house, cleaned out and organized her garage, painted her deck, hauled off three containers of yard waste and took a truck load of items to DI. Who was this lucky lady? See the pictures here and click on Green home (Orem.) Yep, that's right. Aunt Gayla Green was the lucky recipient of a day of love and hard work from members in our community including many students and employees from BYU. I love United Way. I have had the opportunity to serve as the college representative at BYU for more than 10 years and I've had the chance to contribute to this great organization in several ways over the years. I'm so happy to know that United Way of Utah County helped one of our own. I only wish I'd known that Aunt Gayla was on the list this year, because I would have gone to help. (Look for May and Dwight in the photos.)
2 comments:
Good for the United Way, and good for Gayla. The United Way is a fine organization, and people who do community service in lieu of fines often do so through the United Way.
How great that Gayla got some much needed help! Sounds like something you've helped to organize for several people we know.
Post a Comment