Friday, September 19, 2008

Little reminders of Claire






















































Besides keeping family pictures around our empty nest to remind us of our family, I like to keep a few other little reminders of our children now that they are gone. These little jokes were taped to the side of Claire's dresser in her room for many years. I just left them there because they brought a smile to my face each time I saw them. I guess I'm kind of sentimenal in some ways. Yesterday Claire's childhood dresser was tranported from her old room to her house out of state, so I had to remove these little jokes. I'll keep them and post them in her closet instead. The little yellow post-it note has been on the back of her bedroom door for years. She wrote it herself. I don't know where she got the impression that she was going to a bad, bad place if she didn't say her morning prayers, but whatever motivated her is OK with me. Thinking of you dear Claire with a smile. Thanks for the memories, and congratulations on finishing one job and moving on to a new opportunity. Enjoy your week off inbetween jobs!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Those are funny~ very typically Claire. . . You'll have to put them someplace else to bring a smile to your face since the dresser is gone now.

Jord said...

The Missy. I have to say I am so fortunate to have Claire for my sister and think there isn't anyone better! I love her little signs and am glad you kept them.

VFR said...

Good to be sentimental, Vonnie1 I believe in being sentimental, and hope that most people are, at least about their families. I think Claire is right - you will go to a bad, bad place if you don't say your morning prayers. That's perfectly accurate theological doctrine, if you ask me. Thanks, Claire, for the great memories!!

Claire said...

It's very sad to see my handwriting has not improved since high school. Thanks for the kind words, mom and family!

Kylee said...

I love that yellow post-it. I remember seeing that every time I came over to visit.