


I have four amazing sisters. Seriously, they are great women. What a blessing it is to have sisters in my life. Each is a wonderful person with so many talents and abilities. They and their husbands have raised/are raising some great children. There are 16 years between the oldest and the youngest. Can you tell the age order?
I'd like to introduce you to my sisters:
Mary Ann - she and Trace have four beautiful daughters named Jamie, Stacey, Sara and Lindsey. All four are married to wonderful men and between them they have 12 children. Those 12 children keep my sister and her husband very busy as grandparents, but they love the time spent with their grandchildren. Some of Ann's talents include: decorating, entertaining, gardening, and scrap booking. Check out her blog here and take a look at each of her daughter's blogs from there.
Janet - is married to Dave. They live on a farm and have raised four great sons named Cameron, Gareth, Dustin and Nick and one darling daughter named Sydney. Each of her sons married well and brought four new wonderful women in to our extended family. Sydney was married this July to a great young man. Janet and Dave have 9 grandchildren and they all live fairly close by their grandparents. They all love spending time together. Some of Janet's talents include: sewing, making crafts (her husband cuts wood, which is a plus) cooking, and cutting hair.
Lee (Lauralee really, but no one calls her that) - her husband is Mike. They live in the city and have four children, just like us. They have two attractive girls named Kylee and Jessica and two handsome boys named Jake and Cameron. Kylee was married last year to a great young man named Brody. They live in the same town as Lee and Mike. They spent a lot of time together as a family and have some good times. Lee has a blog as well and you can see it here and then link to Kylee's blog from there. Lee is very good at making cookies, home organization, journal writing , party planning and playing games since her degree was in recreation management.
Carol (spotlighted earlier) is married to Jon who passed away five years ago this September 22. She lives in the country/small city with their four children girl/boy/girl/boy named Madison, Matthew, Taylor and Tanner. Some of Carol's cute children are teenagers and some are still in grade school. They love to do activities as a family and especially love spending lots of time at Bear Lake during the summer months. They live in a great place with wide open spaces and lots of room to play. They love to be involved in extended family activities and they get a lot of invitations to join in. Carol talents include teaching children, making great food, playing the piano and playing games and cards.
We are all different individuals and we do things our own way. We love to share ideas and we all appreciate the skills and talents of each sister. We have been fortunate to get together for a "sisters adventure" at least once a year and the agenda it usually similar each year - talk, eat out, go to a movie, talk, shop, talk some more and make a craft. We met last week at Lee's home for our annual gathering and had a great time. We've traveled as a group to all the homes of each sister and we love to spend some time in each location being hosted by one sister each year. Our mother also participates and we've made some wonderful memories together as adult sisters over the last 20 years. My life is richer because of my sisters and I love each of them very much.
9 comments:
I like your new bookshelf! I can attest to the fact that you like to talk to your four sisters because back in high school when I'd be home studying all night every night, whenever something important or noteworthy happened, you'd call each of your sisters and tell them about it. Then you'd tell father time, then Jord, so I usually ended up hearing the news about six different times. I only have one sister but she is great!
HEY!!! What about your brothers and his- I know that one of them has really awesome kids- I'm just say'n.
Claire - You never had to wonder what was going on or say "nobody told me....." Ya.
Magen - Hey, hi! You're right, one of them does have really awesome kids. Don't worry, I'm planning a separate entry on my 2 brothers and you will be featured! I even thought of doing an entry on each of my nieces and nephews with pictures of when you were kids. Stay tuned.
Vonnie, my heart goes out to girls who don't have sisters. I can't imagine spending this earth life without sisters/best friends. We have been so fortunate as Griffin girls to love each other and each other's families. I look into the future and see more time spent with my sisters than anyone else.
What a great post Von. I too feel blessed with my four wonderful sisters who I consider my best friends.
Props to all the sisters, and to their great relationships with each other. Not every group of sisters is so fortunate. You go, all you Griffin girls!!
Sweet post, and comments! I usually never feel that bad for not having a lot of really good girlfriends, because who needs them when I have four great girlfriends in my awesome sisters! You did a great job highlighting each of us. Thanks for the fun reading! Ann, Janet, Von, and Carol- you all ROCK!
Thanks sissys, daughter, husband and niece for your comments. We are very lucky!
That is fun to have so many sisters! I am happy to have at least one though and glad that my girls have each other too. All of you Griffin girls are fabulous!
Post a Comment