Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A true BYU fan story

This is a true story. The names have not been changed to protect the innocent.

Last Saturday was the first BYU home game. Rick had had a busy day. He performed two civil marriages with the last one at 2:00. Game time was 4:00. He likes to leave for the game one full hour before kick off. He arrived home at 3:00 to find that his ride had arrived at our home to pick him up. His brother Doug and his girls were here to go with Rick to the game. The girls were in the swimming pool and Doug was eating the pre-game meal and visiting with me. Rick told them to get ready and he ran down stairs to change. He came up minutes later ready to go and tried to move the crowd along. Doug and his girls finally got out to the car, so Rick grabbed his stadium seats, his binoculars, his radio and the tickets. Off they went. It wasn't until they got to Provo that Rick realized that he DID NOT HAVE ANY SHOES ON!!!!! Yes, it's true. He was barefoot and he didn't even realize it!!!! This just shows how crazy he gets on game day. He was prepared to go to the football game BAREFOOT rather than stop and buy some shoes because he didn't want to miss the kickoff!!!! Hahahahahahaha. Can you just imagine? A man of his stature going to the game barefoot!!!!! Doug convinced him that he needed some shoes, so they stopped at Reams grocery store to buy some flip flops. Nothing. Albertsons. Nothing. Finally Smiths had some LADIES CROCKS THAT WERE TOO SMALL FOR HIM. No kidding. He bought them and wore them with his big toes sticking out the end. I took the picture as proof.
My husband is a crazy maniac on game day. I love him just the same, but seriously!!!
I rest my case.

9 comments:

VFR said...

I'm not sure that they were ladies shoes, and I did think to buy them myself, but I did forget the shoes. I'm just glad it wasn't snowing.

ree ree

Claire said...

That is one of the best father time stories ever. I think the fact that Doug of all people had to convince him to buy shoes just shows how crazed he gets. Good thing they won!

Annie said...

Sidebar your honor: We want to enter an insanity plea:)
That is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time!!!!!!

Jamie Jo said...

That's awesome!!!!

Lee said...

One of the things I love best about Ricky is that he isn't proud.
And I mean that in a good way!

Stacey said...

That is a classic tale that will live a loooong time in your family. What's funny is that Provo isn't even that far from home, but missing that kick off is like missing the previews at a movie. It takes away from the full experience!

Lindsey said...

That is a crazy funny story!! I love it! It's been a while since I've had a chance to catch up on people's blogs and you've had some great posts. I especially like the tips for helping children develop a testimony, it will cut down on our "interview" time when I come to see you :)

Kylee said...

That is so funny! I can just picture him running around each store like crazy trying to hurry and get some shoes. did he make it there on time?

Jord said...

Classic father time. Classic!