Monday, July 27, 2009

1 year blog anniversary

It's been one year since I started my blog.
It's been interesting to find that I have a lot to share (more than I would have supposed.)
It's been enlightening for me to think through my opinions and to try and put them into words.
It's been fun to think of ideas and things I wanted to share.
It's been great to know that I have faithful supporters. I don't think Rick has missed commenting on a post and he says he looks forward to seeing what I'll write about.
It's ominous to think that this blog is out there for all time and that anyone can read it. I guess my grand kids can read it in the future.
It's been amazing to find that I can journal some of my activities and ideas since I'm not a regular journal writer. I'm keeping a paper copy for that very reason.
It's been a great way to keep in touch with our family who live far and near.
It's been a way for friends and family to get to know me better. Some have said that they had no idea that I do what I do. I've enjoyed reading the blogs of my family and friends as well. It's been fun to share with each other.
It's truly been somewhere for me to deposit my random thoughts, and honey, I have a lot of them!
It's been a fun ride. I'm going on vacation, so I'll be back next week.
I can't help but be curious though... who reads this stuff? Please reveal yourselves!

7 comments:

Diane said...

Von,
Happy blog birthday! I must admit I read your blog faithfully and have loved it! It's been fun seeing what my Rupert cousins are up to. Keep up the great posts! You are an inspiration to us all!

Claire said...

I read.

VFR said...

Congratulation, dear, on your one year blog anniversary. I love the blog, your thoughts, and the inspiration, good humor, and interesting ideas that it contains. Here's to many more years!!

Lee said...

I'm a faithful reader Vonnie- I too think it's a great way to stay connected to family and friends.

Jord said...

I am definitely a follower. Congratulations on the blog anniversary Mom!

Kylee said...

I read your stuff!! Well most of it anyway, sometimes I get behind and cant catch up. I love your blog though and all your random thoughts. I have loved getting to know you better and I will love seeing what your up to when I'm far away.

tutus n bowties said...

You know I do! Thanks again for the wonderful recipes! The shower was a hit!