Sunday, July 19, 2009

Our Savior's Love


My favorite hymn. We sang it today in church and I was reminded how much I love it. It is such a hopeful, peaceful, loving message about the Son, the Holy Spirit and God our Father.

1. Our Savior’s love
Shines like the sun with perfect light,
As from above
It breaks thru clouds of strife.
Lighting our way,
It leads us back into his sight,
Where we may stay
To share eternal life.

2. The Spirit, voice
Of goodness, whispers to our hearts
A better choice
Than evil’s anguished cries.
Loud may the sound
Of hope ring till all doubt departs,
And we are bound
To him by loving ties.

3. Our Father, God
Of all creation, hear us pray
In rev’rence, awed
By thy Son’s sacrifice.
Praises we sing.
We love thy law; we will obey.
Our heav’nly King,
In thee our hearts rejoice.

Words & music by Crawford Gates & Edward Hart. Greg Olsen art.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

You've been a busy blogging girl. I love that picture of the Savior with those words you wrote. That play of Beauty and the Beast looked really fun! Was that in Provo somewhere? You'll have to let Linny know if it comes around again and what it's all about. It was good to be with (some) of your family! Looks like you have so much fun when Jordan and the kids are there....soon to be with Claire's as well!

teamZ said...

I love that hymn. Crawford Gates lived in my stake when I was growing up. His son was even my bishop. I think we sang that and "Where Can I Turn For Peace" more than any other hymns, but I love them. They have great messages.

VFR said...

That is one of my favorites, too. It's message is very important to remember, since that love never fails.