Monday, July 20, 2009

Curves

I'm kind of proud of myself. I've been going to Curves for almost a year now and I recently earned my 100 workouts shirt...not a big deal I know, but for me the exercise hater, it is monumental!

I've found some secrets to success:
  • go with a friend (Vicky)
  • go first thing in the morning
  • reward yourself for making progress (not with food!)
  • set a goal and make realistic advancements towards it
  • don't get too discouraged if you have set backs
Some things I like about going to Curves:
  • I know a ton of the women - former PTA friends, former city planning friends, ward friends, neighbors, former YW leader friends, MTC friends
  • the staff at our Curves is great. Friendly, motivated, funny, encouraging.
  • I love the stretch out "bars" they have to stretch after the work out
  • it's just enough strength training, but not too hard
  • I've lost inches and body fat and some weight
  • I can go and do the workout and get home in one hour M, W, F
  • I walk for another hour T, Th with a different friend - Patsy
  • I do feel better. Some of my other "body issues" have gone away or have become less bothersome.
I still hate exercising, but there doesn't seem to be any other way to receive these benefits!

4 comments:

VFR said...

Great work, Vonnie. You keep going, girl!!

Matthew Tripp said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claire said...

Every time I see a curves, and they are everywhere, I think of you.

Lee said...

What's to hate about exercising? I don't get it! You look and feel better, you can choose what you like to do- when you sweat it releases some good stuff, etc. I'm an exercise junky and just don't get why everyone else isn't! Good for you for sticking with it even if you don't love it :)