
Our nephew Elder Evans is serving his LDS mission in the Philadelphia PA mission. He is a great young man and he was grown so much since he was been gone. We get some of his emails. He and Andy are just a couple of months apart in age and they have been serving their missions at the same time. E. Evans shares some very interesting experiences. Here are two, one touching and one funny. Great kid that Elder Evans. He has a wonderful spirit and a great sense of humor.
We've had two baptisms this week. One was a woman whose life was in a downward tailspin. For her entire life, she was abused by everyone around her. She has simply taken the criticism from every individual, and as a result, has no self esteem whatsoever. She has accepted everything that her children, ex-husband, and parents have said about her. She felt like she was nothing, but for the first time in her entire life, she is something. She is now surrounded by people who love and care for her. She is involved in a positive life. She is not surrounded by pessimism but is embraced by a gospel and people of optimism. She has been given the gift of the Holy Ghost. She finally feels as though she is worth something.
P.S. I heard that Michael Jackson died of a heart attack. That came as a shock to me. I never would have guessed that he would lose his life to a heart attack and be gone too soon; I thought he would just Beat It.I don't have much to say about him as a man but I heard that his funeral was a Thriller.I wonder how Billy Jean is doing with all of this. After all she is just a girl, and the girl is mine. I wonder if she still says that he is the one.You know I think it’s terrible when people make fun of Michael Jackson, and me, I guess they just don't care about us. I've been listening to Michael Jackson since I was about five. I remember putting his CD in my first boom box and then learning my ABC's. Man operating that boom box was easy as 123.
2 comments:
Elder Evand has a future as a writer. He has written some very powerful spiritual experiences, and he has written some very funny observations, as well. It is wonderful to see that good combination.
Vonnie! Loved this story from the Elder. It gave me the chills and something good to ponder about while at work. Thanks!
Post a Comment