Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My office


Welcome to my office! I work in a great environment with wonderful people. Meet Bryan my receptionist and Stacie a student secretary. We work in a beautiful new building that is only about five years old. There is a wonderful courtyard just outside of our windows and it's always enjoyable to see what is going on in the courtyard with the water feature and park-like surroundings. We get our work done but we also have a good time and we love to chat with all the people who come to our office to be helped. I've had some special visitors (family and friends) stop by and we enjoyed eating some treats out of my hidden stash. It's a interesting place in which to work and I especially love my flexible working hours. All of our children have gone to school here and it's been a highlight of my employment to be near them while they have been in college. Their visits to my office, shared lunch hours, opportunities to meet their friends and to just be here as a support to them has created some cherished memories. One more son to help educate and then maybe I'll be done working. Sometimes the work is tedious, but that's just what work is sometimes. I've learned some great new programs and added some updated skills to my resume. It's secure, in an intellectually stimulating environment and enjoyable and I'm grateful I have an opportunity to work here and financially help support our children with their goals in life and accomplish a few of my own goals as well (which includes lots of travel...)



8 comments:

LA LOGIA said...

look my blogsite!
http://artrilogia.blogspot.com/

Claire said...

Nice digs! I wonder what inspired you to post about your office?

Vonnie said...

You did wowclaire! I took these pictures awhile ago just because but you inspired me to post them. Thanks.

Claire said...

P.S. I changed some settings on your blog so you shouldn't be getting ridiculous ad comments anymore.

+977 98 0 85 0 666 0 said...

hi!
great to get your publication!


i am from south asia, named sudarshan; who would like to exchange the ideas.
see you!

VFR said...

Hi. I am from Salt Lake City, and I loved your post about your office. It surely looks nice, and the people in the pictures are very good looking, especially those little girls and their mother. Thanks for sharing about your office. It would be nice to see it some day.

Nerdycool13 said...

Hello, I just wanted to tell you that you have done an amazing job on your blog, and if you would like to check out mine, I would be really happy. It is www.nerdycool13.blogspot.com. Thx and bye

Lee said...

Ya, those stranger comments are weird! What started those coming? I'm glad wowclaire fixed it for you.

I'm glad you have a job that allows you a bit of freedom financially and isn't too hard to endure :) oh, and the perk of seeing your kids anytime can't be topped!