There is a great place in St. George called the Seven Wives Inn. Take an inside tour of it
here. and click on the link that says "rooms." It's a bed and breakfast "hotel" and it is delightful. It is a pioneer era home what was owned by a polygamist man who supposedly had seven wives. Each room is the name of one of his wives - Melissa, Jane, Mary Ann, Lucinda, Harriet, Sarah & Julia. The first picture is the main building that contains seven separate bedrooms and bathrooms. In between this building and the one on the right is a lovely little swimming pool. The separate grey building with the balcony is a second home that the owners bought and restored to enlarge their business and it is right next to the swimming pool. It has several additional rooms in it. I highly recommend this B&B for your next visit to St. George. The decorations and accommodations are top rate. We've probably stayed there 6-8 times over the years. One of the first times we went, I bought this recipe from the owners. It's the best granola of all time. It has peanut butter in it which probably is the secret ingredient. Across the street from the Seven Wives is the Brigham Young summer home (the one with the green trim.) It's a great place to visit and they also offer tours of that home. The grounds, surrounding homes and history of this historic area in St. George is fascinating and informative.




I"ll include the recipe for your eating enjoyment! I also have four other breakfast recipes from Seven Wives that they serve at breakfast. If you want a copy, please let me know. They include the sausage "thing," pecan cream cinnamon rolls, german apple pancakes and surp"rice" souffle.
Seven Wives Inn Granola
8 cups oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
8 oz. almonds
8 oz/ cashews
8 oz/ large flake coconut (you can find this at a health food store)
3 oz. sunflower seeds
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raisins
Mix first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Heat water, oil, honey and peanut butter until bubbly. Add vanilla and pour mixture over dry ingredients. Mix well and spread on two large cookie sheets. Bake in 200 degree over for about one hour. Stir occasionally while baking. Add raisins when cool. Store in airtight container.
ENJOY! I think I'll make a fresh batch today.
2 comments:
That granola recipe is to die for. I seriously make a batch and eat THE WHOLE THING over a period of several weeks. It's healthy, right? It's definately a weakness for me. How much did you have to pay for the recipe? I've never heard of such a thing.
p.s. big fan of the cadbury egg, not so much w/ the peeps.
The Seven Wives Inn is a very nice place. I highly recommend it, though it may be a bit pricey.
Post a Comment