












I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God,
I've learned this truth;
A fam'ly is forever
Lauren and I had a great Grandma adventure today while Ellie and Jordan were napping. We went to the MTC to meet Rick and the missionaries from our branch for lunch. Lauren walked pasted the "Easter picture" and wanted to have her picture taken by Jesus.
Afterwords, we walked around the MTC grounds and looked at all the pretty flowers. We smelled most of them and identified each color. Next we went to the Provo temple grounds and walked around to the "backyard" as Lauren called it and we even went in to a couple of "jungles" and gathered a few pine cones from underneath the huge pine trees there. We talked about getting married some day in the temple. Lauren learned that this was the temple where Aunt Claire and Uncle R got married.
Saturday we payed a visit to Rick's parents home. Pat made us a delicious meal and we had a nice time visiting. The girls loved playing on the trampoline and running around the yard and swinging on the swings.

Here is a picture from our front steps 48 hours after the huge snow storm featured last Thursday. Rick was moving the lawn less than 48 hours later. Utah weather. Ya.

6 comments:
I love walking with the girls around the temple. It looks like the most fantastic day ever!
I found your blog through Mormon Blogsphere. Hope you don't mind me barging in.
Seeing the Provo Temple grounds reminded me of college. Even though I was not an endowed member at the time every Saturday I would go to the temple and read the scriptures. How I miss living close to a temple.
Great blog!
Great pictures. What cuties those girls are. My Mom said she had a great time with them and thinks they are such darling girls.
did you take that picture of the tulips and the steeple? It's beautiful!
Thanks for helping Lauren understand the significance of the temple and the need to go there someday. Great post, Vonnie!!
She had a great time with Grandma and Ellie and I loved the nap! Thanks for all of your help Mom, you are the best!
Post a Comment