Thursday, April 16, 2009

Britain's got talent




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY - Susan Boyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEo5bjnJViA - Paul Potts

I can't embed these links directly to YouTube here on my blog because the videos have been disabled by the poster for embedding. Just copy them and paste them in your browser directly.
Most of us are pretty average people. Yet none of us has average dreams--we have all wanted greatness in something, somewhere. When we first see Susan Boyle, she looks like us--average. We think she can't succeed, she doesn't fit the stereo type. She's beyond the years for achieving musical stardom. Yet this plucky lady, with great courage, shows all of us that nobody is average, and it is never too late to conquer a dream. When I cheer for Susan Boyle, I cheer for myself and every other "average" person, for our dreams and aspirations, and I feel just a little more inclined to follow them.

Check out this article in the DNews.

Anyway, check them out! They are both inspiring human interest stories and they will make you smile. Ordinary people doing extraordinary things! Plus it's great to hear the Brits speak.

4 comments:

teamZ said...

I have seen the video. She is amazing.

tutus n bowties said...

We saw this the other night! She is so good! I love the cat lady.

Claire said...

Thanks for the Susan B article, I hadn't seen that video yet and love stuff like that. Very cool.

VFR said...

Wonderful video, Vonnie. Thanks for the post. It's great to see this gal succeed.