Friday, April 3, 2009

Good-bye ER
















So, I thought it ended well.

Check out the ER site here on NBC. It's got some pretty good stuff to see and read if you're an ER fan. I took the trivia quiz and got 9 our of 10! Wow, I don't consider myself THAT much of a fan. Anyway, I've watched pretty faithfully for the last 13 years, less the last 2. It's been an interesting and captivating show to watch. Great acting, good story lines, wonderful guest appearances, shocking in some places, scary in others, funny, sad, crazy, informative, and a very well done compelling drama.
I use to watch it with Jordan and Claire, mostly Claire. Claire and I will never forget the episode when Lucy and Dr. Carter get stabbed by the crazy guy. So totally unexpected and scary, we screamed our guts out. I remember picking the girls up from Timp Bookstore after they got finished working at 9:00 pm and tearing home to watch the new episode. It wasn't on the Internet to watch past episodes like it is now, and the only way to record an episode was to use an old VHS tape. We've come a long way in those 15 years.

6 comments:

Eileen said...

We are so much alike! It kills me. I'm an ER fan, but kinda fell away the past two years too! It was fun to see all the "oldies" last night. I enjoyed the program before the show too. I hope you caught it.

Vonnie said...

Eileen,
We're kindred spirits in many ways. I did see the recap program and it was good. Brought back some good TV memories!

Lee said...

I gave ER up about 5-6 years ago, and didn't even watch last night! I did love it at one time though, and totally remember the stabbing episode. I think I had to sleep with a light on that night, and check under my bed before getting in!

VFR said...

It would probably have been better if they would have left out the blood and guts, but then it probably wouldn't have been named ER. Maybe it could have just been about the clinic down the street, or the chiropractor's office, or something else. In any event, I'm glad you liked the show, and that it was fun for you to watch.

Claire said...

Although I haven't watched ER in about six years, I used to LOVE Thursday nights and watching it with you (even coming home from college to do so a lot of the time). I think we forever traumatized the Bot with our screaming during the stabbing episode. Which, by the way, can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OAfbpiXoCs

Claire said...

P.S. Visiting the ER lot at Warner Bros. in LA with Becky was a highlight of my life!