We spent four great days in St. George last week while Rick attended a conference. We've gone there for these conferences most years through the last 25. It's always nice to head to warmer weather after a long Utah winter. Last week was no exception. While Rick attended his meetings I got busy on several of my own projects. Last year I took my sewing machine and made a quilt for Dave and Courtney.This year I took down ALL 25 of our family photo albums and continued the long process of labeling the photos and putting them in chronological order. I've been in the habit of taking lots of pictures through the years and I've been pretty good at getting them developed and then putting the photos in books. Some pictures have been taken out of those book for various reasons and not put back. I spent hours getting all the books labeled and numbered and getting the photos put back in the right places. In the process I made a "key" of all of the photos by event. It was so fun to see many of those photos again. They made me cry more than once just recalling those wonderful memories. I have a TON of family pictures, seriously 1000s of our family, extended family, friends and important events. If you ever came near me over the last 30 years, I probably have a picture of it. Some of the pictures are priceless. I told my kids that if the house were to ever catch on fire, that they were to grab the family photo albums before fleeing the house. Some of you may want to peruse my "key" sometime and see if you would like copies of some of the pictures I have in the books. Now that I have a scanner, sharing pictures and preserving them is even easier. Smile!
3 comments:
Thanks, Vonnie, for the post, and for being such a great photographer through the years. The photo books would have to be rescued first in the event of a fire, along with the football tickets. Everything else could be replaced.
You are my hero! Photos make me so happy. Thanks for the inspiration.
reednu
Haha Ricky is funny.
good project. I love organizing stuff like that. I spent a lot of time last year doing that to mine, although I don't have a "key" You're one up on me! Glad you had a fun time. The pie store sounds yummy
Post a Comment