Wednesday, March 4, 2009

visit all 50



create your own personalized map of the USA
or check out ourCalifornia travel guide

You can make your own US map by clicking on the link attached to the map.

One of my goals in life is to visit all 50 states. I'm a little over half way there with 27 in all. Considering I'd only been to five states by the time I was 18, I've made pretty good progress. Andy on the other hand, has been to 23 by the time he was 18. Go figure! We'll add Alaska this summer when we go there for our 30th anniversary cruise. I'm so excited! Now I just need to get to the South, New England, Great lakes states and the midwest. I love to travel!

7 comments:

Eileen said...

Dave and I will celebrate 30 years this summer too! (August 30th) And we were hoping to do a cruise too. Haven't planned it yet though.

High five!

Kylee said...

That is a great idea. I have that same goal as well, so this is a fun way of keeping track of it! I was the same way- I had only been to about 5 states as well before I moved to alaska and visited the east coast. What do you consider "visiting" a state? Does just driving through count? I'm so excited for you to go to Alaska! You will love it!

Claire said...

I think I have you beat by one state but am missing most of the same ones. I love that map though!

Jamie Jo said...

That's awesome, and fun to see in color like that. I didn't know you were going on another cruise. Lucky duck!

VFR said...

It is a marvelous goal to visit all 50 of the United States. It is my opinion that to count a state as having been visited, you have to be on the ground in the state. Flying over doesn't count. I've got 38 down, I believe.

Jana said...

I see you don't have Wisconsin...the door is always open. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =)THANX FOR

MAKING SUCH A COOL BLOG


Let me share with you a great resource,

Hot Spots World

if you are searching for Some Great Traveling Guide And Cheap Traveling Guide tips you will find out this site very interesting :-)