Wednesday, March 11, 2009

2 Nice Nieces















I'm a very lucky Aunt. I have 11 lovely nieces on my side of the family. (I also have 8 nephews, but I'll get to them later.) Back to the nieces.

They are wonderful! They are turning out to be fabulous women, wives and mothers. I want to pay tribute to each of them eventually, but I'll start with the two who came to visit recently. I wanted to give them a shout out and let them know how much I (we) love them. Their visits meant a lot to us. They both sought us out and asked to spend time with us. How great is that? It meant a lot to me and I enjoyed every minute of it just chatting, laughing and enjoying each other. We talked about raising children, homemaking, goals for the future, our religious beliefs and what really matters in life. They are women of great insight who care deeply about their children and husbands and who are working hard to become the best they can be.
The first set of pictures are of my niece Jamie. She is the oldest grandchild on my side of the family. She made me an aunt! I remember being so excited to see her when she was born. I took these pictures of her when she was little. I don't think she has seen those old pictures for years! Her proud parents are my oldest sister Mary Ann and her husband Tracy (don't they look great in the photo??) She lived near us for a short time and then their family moved away. Much of her growing up years her family lived out of state, so I haven't had a chance to spend as much time with her as I would have liked. She was a tiny baby at birth and she has grown into a beautiful woman. She is the mother of five children and she cares about them deeply. She has had some rough challenges in life, but she has surmounted those obstacles and is making the best of them. Jamie has been through the refiners fire and it has made her a better person. She has deep religious beliefs and she truly tries to be a Christ-like person. She is funny, creative, thoughtful and she has the best heart. Her husband Ryan is a good man. He and Rick had a great time visiting amount their common interests and work situations. We enjoyed the weekend touring around the BYU campus, checking out the UVU campus for future possibilities, attending a BYU - Air Force BB game, and going to the MTC for sacrament meeting and lunch with the missionaries. Her younger son Daniel looked so cute in his new suit, white shirt and tie. Her 3 oldest children, Josh, Rachel and Daniel came too and it was so nice to get to know them better. It was a great adventure and we hope they'll come back again soon.































Last fall Jamie's youngest sister Lindsey came for a visit with her darling daughter Emma. She and our oldest daughter Jordan are the same age. They were born two months apart. Jordan was born in September and Lindsey in November. One was a blonde and the other a brunette. They have been good friends all through the years, and recently spent some time together when Lindsey visited Jordan in AZ. They are both young mothers. Jordan has her two little girls and Lindsey is expecting her second girl in a few months, so they have much in common. When Lindsey came to visit us, we just enjoyed visiting for hours - sharing ideas and catching up with one another. She is so interesting to talk to. She is sincere, very grounded in what really matters in life and happy. She too has a wonderful husband named Ryan and they are a great team.
Both of these nice nieces are dear people to me. They both know that our favorite thing to do is to visit and share ideas and experiences. They indulge us in this past time and we love them for it. Please come again soon!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

Well what a nice post, I'm not worthy! I truly did have such a great time visiting and the breakfast was just too yummy. You have always been such a great hostess and I think perhaps when you both reture you could open up a B&B :)

VFR said...

Thanks for the post, Vonnie. Props to Jamie and to Lindsey. They are great gals, and it was nice to have them come to our home for a visit.

Annie said...

How very sweet. My girls just love you!

Jamie Jo said...

Von, I'm verklempt! That was so sweet. Those are great baby pictures. I do love the distinction of making everyone aunts and uncles. :) Thank you for the kind words. We did have such a great time and can't wait to come back. Daniel still talks as though he'll be spending time with you this summer. :)

Jord said...

That is a nice post about two great girls.