Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Happenings


































Sledding!!! The little girls took right to it and loved being in the snow!













































  • We attended the Timpanogos temple as a family and enjoyed lunch and a movie afterwards.
  • Church @ the MTC both Sundays with our children and grandchildren in tow. MTC lunch with the missionaries was enjoyed by all.

















  • Our annual family party with the Phillies at their home. Their friendship means so much to us!

















  • Christmas day dinner @ the grandparent's home with the extended family (although this picture was taken in our living room on Christmas eve.)
















  • Mexican Fiesta with R's family at their home. A wonderful authentic Mexican meal was served by their friend Jesus!
  • We also enjoyed hosting Jake's family one evening for sledding and dinner and then we were invited to their home for a feast including yummy BBQ ribs and English trifle on New Year's eve. A wild game of PIT was played for hours and enjoyed by all!
  • Jan, Dave, Syd and Adam came over for breakfast on New Year's day and later for dinner that evening. We went to a movie together after dinner and enjoyed a good chat.
  • Movies seen so far: Benjamin Button, Forever Strong, Doubt (Rick and I saw this performed at Pioneer Theater and enjoyed it very much - I liked the movie even better - the acting was superb) Australia, Valkyrie (all very different, but good movies!)

6 comments:

Lee said...

Do you own a video camera now after all these years of now having one? Or is it J&J's? Looks fun. Glad to hear abt the movie recommendations. I hadn't heard anything abt Doubt. I'm glad the Arizonians got to enjoy some snow while here.

Question: is Ricky watching the Utah game tonight and cheering for Alabama?

Vonnie said...

Hi Lee,
The video is from a digital camera. I got a new one for Christmas, so I'm now in the video business (although Dave took that one.)
Ricky has been wearing an Alabama shirt and hat since the day after the game was announced....every single day...when he wasn't wearing a shirt and tie. Literally. At least now he can wear something different, but still :(

Jamie Jo said...

I bet the snow was a shocker for the little girls.

VFR said...

Thanks for the details on the activities, Vonnie! It was a wonderful Christmas season. Thanks for all you did to make it a great time for all.

LHall said...

Vonnie,

Just thought I would let you know as I was perusing your blog photos a few weeks ago the lights went on and I saw a few familiar faces! I had been hoodwinked by your Idaho profile. I had a good laugh. I enjoyed all your Christmas posts. I tried the pancake recipe and it was great and I got a few other good ideas as well.

Keep it up - see ya around the track when we are out of this deep freeze!!

Vonnie said...

Sally,
I'm glad the light went on! I heard about your blog from my daughter (a friend of your daughter) who thought I would enjoy reading it. She was right!
I'll look forward to seeing you at the track, but I hope to see you before then sometime! You're my blogging inspiration!
Take care Sally. I'm one of you great admirers.