Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ya gotta see it to believe it

This from our friend Mark: "Sunday morning, Colleen went down to the kitchen at 7:30am and looked out the window. In our backyard was something wandering around that didn't belong. We called the police but by the time they arrived, it had moved a block down the street. See what visited us Sunday morning - Pretty exciting!"
Go to this link and be sure to click on the feature and listen to the report!!!!
















If you were born around 1950, you'll remember this old jingle... "which twin has the Tony?" or in other words... which of two items is authentic? Which picture shows the real McCoy, and which is a cheap knock off? These are pictures taken in our valley recently.
You decide which is REAL...the one above or the one below???












































The pictures above or the picture below.....????
Honestly, what were the design people thinking??? Who rips off STONEHENGE of England in such a distasteful way? Now that Orem has it's own Stonehenge, the authentic one in England will have to label theirs STONEHENGE OF ENGLAND to differentiate. So, so silly and pathetic.
















Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! So stupid and embarrassing!!!!

















On to other cheap imitations.....where do you think we are in this shot?
















You never know when a WILD game of keep away with the green plastic colander will break out...be sure to duck or they'll take you out!
















My sister Janet pointed out to me that I should have listed this next item in my list of Christmas Traditions. I agree. She'd been watching for it to be listed with the traditions all during the month of December, but alas, it wasn't listed. She and her family have seen the display as well several time and consider it very festive. Since we're past Christmas now, I'll list in here in "ya gotta see it to believe it." Yes folks, that's right, those are TWO four wheelers in the living room of this home with Mr. and Mrs. Claus riding them. Every year this family does a wonderful Christmas show room featuring some MAJOR Christmas decorations. They empty their entire living room and fill it with a Christmas scene for the entire month of December. The year Utah hosted the 2002 winter Olympics, they built a ski run with down hill skiers coming off the hill. They've had Santa on snow mobiles and other wonderful exhibits over the years. It's a favorite tradition to see what they create each year. I do have one question though...how do they get along without their living room for the entire month of December???
Ya gotta see it to believe it!

















At a local museum, we saw this interesting "art" display. High volume blowers blowing on packing peanuts to create art. It was actually quite original along with the other art attractions! Why didn't I think of that? Ya, I know, I know, ya gotta see it.....
















This is my husband, the gentleman boxer in shirt and tie, taking out his frustrations on a punching bag. You don't see that every day either. Fight, Rick, fight!!!

















This is a video of a mother beating the stuffing out of her daughter (if it will ever finish uploading.) I mean, she's really taking her to the house of pain. Hard. It's one of those things ya gotta see to believe. (Stay tuned, I' m having trouble with this upload....)
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Vonnie said...

Great post, Vonnie!! Since there is another Stonehenge closer to us, why would we ever need to see Stonehenge of England? Why did we have to travel to Mt. Rushmore, when, only a few years later, we would have our own much closer version of Mt. Rushmore? We only have to go to Las Vegas to see the knock-off Eiffel Tower, and New York skyscrapers.

Seriously, why are people so stupid as to create cheesy replicas of legitimate icons and wonders of the world and attempt to cash in on them? Why try to gild the lily? Now, if we can just come up with a local version of Machu Picchu or Iguazu Falls and cash in on them. I'd better get to work on such a venture. . .

Vonnie said...

By the way, the last comment was not by Vonnie, but by VFR.

Claire said...

You did NOT take me to the house of pain in Wii boxing, if you will recall from the compelling video footage, you got too tired and Jake took over and beat a worn-down woman who was making a valiant effort to win. Any claim of victory is illegitimate and wrong-spirited.

Claire said...

P.S. the link Mark sent doesn't work, it's trying to route through your msn first.

Claire said...

P.S. Number Two
Maybe the cougar was just searching for some victories.

Vonnie said...

Claire,
Hahaha, now simmer down. I did get some good punches in though....and yes, I'll admit I did get tired (after I knocked you out a time or two). I will admit you knocked me out too, but for my first time I think I did quite well for a woman my age!