Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My two brothers

I have two wonderful brothers. They are kind and good men and they have accomplished much in their lives. Gary is older than I am by seven years and Paul is only two years younger than I am. One lives out of state and I don't get to see him very often. The other lives not far away, but I don't get to see him very often either. When I get the chance to be with my brothers, I am a happy girl. I enjoy visiting with them and learning about their lives. I would like to introduce you to my brothers:













































Paul is married to DeNae and they live in a city out of state. We were dear friends growing up since we were so close in age. We went to school together and had many fun times. We attended the same university and shared a car and many great events. We went on LDS church missions at the same time, even having our farewell meeting together and leaving within days of each other. Paul served in Coventry, England and I served in Rosario, Argentina. We wrote letters to each other every week. I still have all the letters. We shared many great times that I cherish. Paul received a degree from BYU in agricultural Economics. He went on to receive his MBA from ASU. He now teaches college courses and works in a very important job with government acquisitions. He has a sweet wife and they spend much of their time serving others and helping their neighbors and friends. Paul can do anything with his hands. He is a skilled wood craftsman and gardener. He is loved by his family and friends and everyone appreciates his kind and gentle ways.



















Gary is married to Nancy, who is his second wife. He had two beautiful daughters with his first wife, Anna. He received his degree in Political Science and joined the ROTC and later the Air Force during the Vietnam war era. His daughters live in the east and they are named Magen and Haley. Magen and her husband Scott have two darling daughters named Riley and Reese. Gary was in the US Air Force for many years and he is now retired. He has lived in Arizona, Texas, California, South Dakota, Korea, Nebraska, Virginia, and Germany (am I forgetting any places?) He had a distinguished military career and served his country well. He is now a gentleman farmer and lives on a forty acre farm with Nancy. They grow calves, steers, fruits and vegetables and keep pretty busy with their home, land and animals. He also works full-time managing an opera company, which he loves. His two careers now are in interesting juxtaposition. He has great organizational skills and he knows how to get things done and take charge. Everyone in his community loves him and knows him and he is well respected.













Gary's grand daughters Riley and Reese. Aren't they darling? Doesn't Riley look a lot like Magen?















We had a pretty idyllic life growing up together. Even though there are 17 years between Gary and Carol, we are great friends and love spending time together when we get the chance. I'll be forever grateful for my siblings and love each of them very much.






































Hahaha. This picture cracks me up. Poor Paul and Ann got cut in half. Ann and Janet are sporting their bubble hairdos with matching ribbons and their 60's clothes! Very stylish. Lee is looking cute in her wool jumper and matching hair cut to mine (which she probably regrets.) Mom is looking very stern, but was probably just stressed out having to feed and take care of so many people. You can see that Gary is VERY TALL and towering over Grandpa Ray. I don't have very many pictures of Grandpa Ray, so this is a treasure. And at the center of it all, yours truly sporting very fashionable glasses, white tights to match the white blouse with the lace bell sleeves (I loved that blouse), the homemade velveteen jumper and the biggest smile showing off the most crooked teeth of all time. Gotta love it! Oh, the good ole days!

6 comments:

Lee said...

Those were the good old days- and I'm glad those styles are behind us! The posts where you have to scan pictures must take you forever! Hopefully you can do them at work? Nice post about the brothers. I hope they see it!

Annie said...

Sweet tribute. You have a way with words!

VFR said...

Good comments about good brothers - good men living good lives and doing good things. Props to Gary and Paul.

Claire said...

When do you scan all the pictures? Have you scanned all the fam pics or just the ones you put on here? Good post.

Jamie Jo said...

LOVED those pictures!!! What nice tribute to your brothers. It's too bad you guys haven't saved all those clothes. They would make great Halloween outfits now.

Vonnie said...

Scanning doesn't take so long. I have a scanner at work and it's the type of thing I can do while I'm talking on the phone or doing other things. I've only scanned the pictures I've posted, but I have THOUSANDS more. But that is for another post....