Monday, October 13, 2008

Fresh Salsa (made by Dave)



















SO easy to make and SO GOOD!

Mom and I got these little hand crank salsa makers one year at the swap meet in Mesa. I got one for each of my girls and I'll get one for Courtney and Dave too. I used it to chop up all the ingredients for the bottled salsa too. There's nothing easier. Here's the recipe:
SALSA FRESCA
2-3 medium size ripe tomatoes (quartered)
1/2 medium onion
1/4 bunch fresh cilantro
2 cloves fresh garlic (or I've used bottled and it works great too)
1 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 lemon juice
1 jalapeno (1/3 for mild, 2/3 for medium and all for hot and spicy - or more if you're Rick)
Put all the ingredients in your Ultra Chef Express and mix to consistency desired. Serve with tortilla chips. They're addicting....

1 comment:

VFR said...

It was very tasty and very zesty. Thanks to Vonnie, Dave, and Courtney for making it.