Wednesday, October 8, 2008

LDS church temples






See this truly amazing slide show of 126 LDS church temples. How many have you seen? Attended? Here is a list of the current 128 operating temples in the world now.

Here is my list of been on the temple grounds

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cardston, Canada
Chicago, Illinois
Denver, Colorado
Manhattan, New York
Portland, Oregon
Monticello, Utah
Newport Beach, California
Redlands, California
Rexburg, Idaho
Vernal, Utah
Washington, DC

been inside and attended-

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Boise, Idaho
Bountiful, Utah
Manti, Utah
Oakland, California
Ogden, Utah
Mount Timpanogos, Utah
Mesa, Arizona
Preston, England
Provo, Utah
Idaho Fall, Idaho
Jordan River, Utah
Laie, Hawaii
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lima, Peru
Logan, Utah
London, England
Los Angeles, California
St. Geroge, Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah
San Diego, California

I'm looking forward to going to the new Twin Falls temple on our next visit to Rupert.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints revealed more details Monday about the locations of five new temples announced by President Thomas S. Monson at the church's General Conference this past Saturday:
The Philadelphia temple will be built in downtown Philadelphia at Spring Street and Broad Street.
For the temple serving the greater Kansas City area, the site will be in Clay County, Mo., on residential land within the Kansas City limits that is already being developed by the church. The development is known as Shoal Creek.
The temple in Cordoba, Argentina, will be situated on the Belgrano meetinghouse site, next to the present mission home of the church.
The Calgary temple will be built on church-owned land next to an existing chapel in the northwest part of the city, at the intersection of Rocky Ridge Road and Royal Oak Road.
In Rome, the temple will occupy part of a 15-acre church-owned site near the ring road skirting the northeast section of the city.
I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.
I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth;
A fam'ly is forever.

6 comments:

Lee said...

Wow! That's quite an impressive list of temples attended. I want to try and do better at that someday when I get to travel more! Have you kept a list, or did you just make that one from memory?

Vonnie said...

Lee - It was interesting because I'd never thought much about how many I've been to. I'd never done a count until yesteray. Then I got the link to the temple slide show pictures and I thought I'd try and find a link to a list of all the temples to go along with the pictures. Once I found the list, I printed it off and just sort of checked off the ones we've been to and then I typed the list up from that. Wow, it was way more than I would have thought. When we travel around, we do try and get to the temple grounds where we visit. Sometimes we have time to do some temple work and sometimes we don't. I'm sad we missed seeing the Palmyra temple (it wasn't even built when we went) and I have never been to Nauvoo, so that is one I definately want to see some day.

VFR said...

Thanks for the great post, Vonnie. I think I've been to the ones you have, as well. What a great goal, to go to as many temples as possible.

VFR said...

Here's my list:
These are the temples I've seen in person (not necessarily been on the grounds). The ones with the asterisk are those in which I've been inside:

Albuquerque*
Boise*
Bountiful*
Buenos Aires*
Cardston
Chicago
Denver
Idaho Falls
Jordan River*
Las Vegas*
Lima, Peru*
Logan*
London*
Los Angeles*
Manti*
Medford, Oregon
Mesa*
Monticello
Mount Timpanogos*
Newport Beach
Oakland
Ogden*
Portland*
Preston, England*
Provo*
Redlands, CA
Reno*
St. George*
Salt Lake*
San Diego*
Seattle
Washington, D.C.*

Jamie Jo said...

I'm jealous of your list! My babies have me sing that song to them every day at nap time.

tutus n bowties said...

Adam and I had so much fun looking ar all the temples out there. We made it a goal right before we got married to base our trips around temples that we want to go to. It makes me excited for future get aways!