Friday, October 3, 2008

Apple delight








































































Caramel apple dip

1 8 oz block of cream cheese - room temperature
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 Skor candy bars - crushed

Whip the cream cheese - add brown sugar, pow. sugar and vanilla - whip with a hand held mixer until combined.
Stir in the crushed Skor bars.
Chill and serve with apple wedges.

4 comments:

Jord said...

Well hello Pioneer Woman. That snack sounds delicious...all I need is an apple slicer!

Stacey said...

We had one of those growing up. My kids would love it, but I make them eat skins on most fruits and veggies. This looks like a yummy treat though.

VFR said...

Apples are a great food, either eaten plain (my favorite), or dolled up in some fashion. Thanks, Vonnie, for the recipe.

Vonnie said...

Stacey, you can set it to only cut and core the apple, not peal it if you want them to eat the peal. I'm a fan as well of eating the peal on most things. It's a handy little gadget. Every family with little kids should have one.