

Rick and I started the weekend by going to the Friday
night game in Logan at ROMNEY stadium with Dave,
Courtney, Lee, Mike, Trace, Cam and Jake. Lee fed us
a great dinner before the game and we took cookies in
our pockets to enjoy during the game. BYU 34 USU 21.
I haven't been to a game in years, and although the game
wasn't the best, the company couldn't be beat. BYU didn't
play that well the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters, but still pulled
off the win. All the Aggies were yelling "over rated" after they
scored their second touchdown on the 8th ranked Cougars.
BYU is a team people love to hate.



Cam and Jake are playing football again this year
and loving it. Go Jensen boys! They are such good, cute boys.

I couldn't resist taking a picture of this cute witch at Lee and Mike's home. Lee's home looked great, all decked out in fall decorations.

Saturday morning we went to Carol's to help do
some projects. Matt and Rick got busying pulling
weeds on the side yard. They filled up a garbage can.
Way to go guys! Carol's house looked great with her cute
fall decorations on the porch and throughout the house.
I do love fall and the change in seasons.


Taylor and I washed all the windows in the
house, inside and out. Carol cleaned out all the window tracks.
It was raining on and off, but we wouldn't be deterred. Those
windows look great! Taylor is a natural at cleaning windows.
What a quick study she is and such a good worker! She could hire out :)

We listened to the morning session of General conference
with the Carol, Matt and Taylor (Madi and Tanner were gone).
Wow, 5 more new temples and one in
Argentina!!!! Where EXACTLY is that temple in Missouri......???

Afterwards, we went bowling and had a fun time bowling
a couple of lanes. Don't tell anyone, but I beat Rick
the first game..... I was HOT.....139. Cool!



We had lunch at Macey's food court and then Rick
and I headed back to Provo, listening to the afternoon session
in the car. We loved listening to the prophets!

We met up in Highland so that Grandpa could go with
Rick and Dave to the priesthood session. They went to
dinner and then to the meeting. Courtney and I had a great
evening together. We went to dear lizzie to look around, to Rod Works
to pick up a couple of things, to Mimi's for dinner and
then to the Scera to see Seussical the Musical. It was a fun
evening to be together and I LOVE spending time with Courtney.
Sunday, we slept in (wow, a first for me, making it all the way
to 8:30 without waking up. Ate waffles, with fresh peaches and whipped
cream for breakfast, made whole wheat bread, made fresh salsa (more on that later), made a fresh peach pie and Sunday roast beef with fresh artichokes for dinner. We loved watching both sessions of conference and we learned so much. We have a lot to improve on and want to listen to and read the talks again soon. It was such a fun weekend and we enjoyed seeing the Cache valley families and getting uplifted in body and soul.
4 comments:
Wow! What a fun weekend. Funny that you took a pict of jakes sign and the witch! I love it. We enjoyed having you guys come. I too just love conference weekend.
Thanks for the thorough report, Vonnie, and for capturing all the events in pictures. We had a wonderful time, and the right team won the game, even though they didn't play too well.
Thanks again for the fun day. My windows look amazing. We had a great time bowling too. We love you guys.
Fun weekend Mom. It looks like you enjoyed good fall weather, family, food, and listening to the prophets. All in all a good time!
Post a Comment