Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tis the season for...making a list and checking it twice


I'm a list maker. Have been for many, many years. Write it all down and go after it. Well, I'm happy to say that my list is DONE and it's only December 23. Wow, that is a first. I should get a reward of some sort. This plan just wouldn't be possible for a mother with small children. Not gonna happen, but for me at this stage in life, it's a first. It has never happened and it will probably never happen again.
  • shopping done - check
  • wrapping done - check
  • decorating done - check
  • menus planned - check
  • food shopping done (two refrigerators and a freezer full of food) check
  • neighbor gifts made and delivered - check
  • house cleaned top to bottom - check
  • gifts mailed - check
  • Christmas cards mailed - check
  • my work done, year end finished, two week break is here!
  • BYU won their bowl game - check
  • parties planned and invites out - check
  • family activities planned - check
  • candy, fruits and nuts put out - check
  • service rendered throughout the month - check
  • some special surprises accomplished - check
  • our missionary packages packed and mailed, cards send to friend missionaries - check
  • attended tithing settlement - check
  • temple attended - check
  • VT and HT done - check
  • present game ready - check
  • stocking stuffers ready - check
  • 60 MTC missionary cards and candy canes delivered - check
  • parties, concerts, plays and musicals attended - check
  • Christmas music playing constantly - check
  • remembering Christ, the reason for the season - check, always.
  • in the Christmas spirit - check
Today our family arrives!!! Can I just say how excited I am? That brings me and Rick the MOST JOY!!! Claire and R will be here for 8 days, Jake and Jordan for 5 days and Dave and Courtney for 4 plus days as their time allows. And the four granddaughters, yes, yes, yes, yes they are almost here!!! The Elder calls on Christmas day. Does it get any better than this?

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. Merry Christmas to all. And to all, a good night.

3 comments:

VFR said...

I think most wives would say that their husband's checklist has only one item on it - Show up, check.

Interesting differences between husbands/wives, men/women. We are excited for the kids to be here. Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Annie said...

Have a wonderful time with your family Vonnie. Kiss all the sweet little girls for us.

Kylee said...

Wow, you've been busy but it all sounds like very fun stuff! I'm so glad that everyone is able to come home for Christmas and that you'll get to talk to Andy!