Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis the season for...contributing to the ecomony


I'm not a big fan of shopping. It's necessary to do it, but it's not enjoyable to me. Especially mall shopping. Not a fan. It's all so overwhelming in the sense that there are so many choices and so many things to covet. Needs and wants get totally screwed up and it's confusing to keep the two separate.

I guess I'm just use to the Rupert way. We had two department stores, a couple of drug stores, a shoe store, a nice clothing store, a music store, jewelry, etc. and it was enough. We had sufficient for our needs. You got what you needed and it didn't take long to decide. I'm pretty happy with simple things.

Anyway, this year I've done more online shopping than ever. I must say that I LOVE it. I think most businesses have really improved their online shopping tools and you can see what you're getting and have a much larger selection of sizes, colors and fashions, all while sitting in the comfort of your own home. I love that part. Plus, so many businesses have offered free delivery and some really great discounts this year. They will deliver to any address so that a shopper can save shipping costs for the gifts they want to send. They will even wrap the gifts. What's not to love about this arrangement?

I have done some local shopping too, in order to spend some money in our own community. I've done my far share of spending, now I'm almost done. I love that part the most of all!

1 comment:

VFR said...

I think the wise men should have just written a poem or said some nice words or something else other than giving gifts - maybe then we wouldn't be all fouled up about gift giving. Everything else about Christmas - the theology, the kindness, the music, the family getting together - is wonderful. I can't say that about gift giving, though.