
Last night we went to the MTC to hear the Men's chorus perform for the missionaries. Their voices are amazing and they performed some beautiful pieces for the missionaries who are in the MTC for Christmas. They are the largest collegiate male choral group in the country. There are 200 voices chosen out of the 400 who audition. Their harmonies and range are amazing. One of their Christmas musical numbers is a favorite of ours. We heard it about five years ago at the Celebration of Christmas concert put on by the BYU musical groups. It is so moving and touches me every time I hear it.
It's called Who is He in Yonder Stall? words by Benjamin Hanby, music by Robert H. Young
Who is He in younger stall,
At whose feet the shepherds fall?
'Tis the Lord, O wondrous story,
'Tis the Lord, the King of glory.
At His feet we humbly fall;
Crown Him, crown Him Lord of all!
Who is He, who stand and weeps
At the grave where Laz'rus sleeps?
'Tis the Lord, O wondrous story.
'Tis the Lord, the King of glory.
At His feet we humbly fall;
Crown Him, crown Him Lord of all!
Who is He in Calvary's throes
Asks for blessings on His foes?
'Tis the Lord, O wondrous story,
'Tis the Lord, the Kind of Glory.
At His feet we humbly fall;
Crown Him, crown Him Lord of all!
Who is He who from the grave
Comes to seek and help and save?
'Tis the Lord, O wondrous story,
'Tis the Lord, the King of glory.
At His feet we humbly fall;
Crown Him, crown Him Lord of all!
3 comments:
Thanks Vonnie...I needed that. It is one of those days at work where everything that was to be done by others has not been done. Deadline is here and I am trying to redo and finish. Very nice break. I may have to listen again this afternoon.
Thanks, Vonnie, for the post. They are a wonderful choir, a tremendous asset both to BYU and to the larger community. It is always nice to hear them. Kudos to them and to their director.
I'm sad I have to miss those concerts. That song is great.
Post a Comment