










Rick's mom Pat is 80 years old today! Happy Birthday Pat! We had a family party last night and celebrated with her (see the last two pictures from that party.) She has accomplished much in her life and she has a great skill set in many areas. Some interesting things about her:
She was born the oldest child and was raised in SLC by her parents Marjorie and J. Frederick (hence Rick's name)
She is the only daughter and she has three brothers who have all been mission presidents and they and their wives are accomplished and impressive people
She bore two children and adopted four more
She received her degree in History from the U of U
She is an amazing cook. She can cook anything and she has many wonderful recipes.
She belongs to a bunch of ladies groups and has been involved with them for many years.
She served on the Relief Society general board and has been a ward RS president
She served for many years in Primary and served on the primary general board.
She was the Lambda Delta Sigma church sorority president
She received her silver beaver in scouting in recognition for all the work she did with cub scouting
She was a Beehive advisor in her late 70's and currently serves in a ward RS presidency
She loves to decorate and her home is lovely
She loves flowers, gardening and beautiful, fine things in life
She is very cultured and refined and knows and practices the social graces
She is very cultured and refined and knows and practices the social graces
She loves good music, good entertainment and good conversation
She is an amazing entertainer and has hosted thousands of parties and dinners
She has served missions with Vern in West Virginia and in LaJolla CA
She was a dutiful mother and tried to get her children involved in developing their talents and in receiving a good education
She has traveled extensively with family and friends and has gone on many cruises
She owned her own travel agency for many years and enjoyed seeing many parts of the country and the world
She has been to all 50 states in the US
She is very conservative and always votes Republican
She always remembers our birthdays and holidays and she has given me many seasonal decorations for our home over the years
She was worked tirelessly to encourage and support their children and grandchildren who struggle
She has a great sense of humor and writes an witty annual Christmas letter that many people look forward to receiving
She is of the generation of ladies who always go to the hairdresser weekly
She has a great sense of humor and writes an witty annual Christmas letter that many people look forward to receiving
She is of the generation of ladies who always go to the hairdresser weekly
She is a woman with high aspirations and goals
Rick has this to say about his mother:
I am grateful to her for being a wonderful influence in my life. I always knew that my mom wanted me and expected me to be doing good things, to be involved in worthwhile pursuits, and to be acting appropriately. I appreciate her rather high expectations of me, and, although I haven't always lived up to them, they have been influential in my life. She has lots of good energy, and I'm grateful to have inherited it. She is also very interesting to talk to, and has a fine sense of humor. Happy birthday to Granny Pat! Rick has this to say about his mother:
Pat and I have had an interesting journey these past 30 years. We're both strong willed and there's been some issues of control and resisting control (typical mother-in-law, daugher-in-law stuff.) We've had some highs and we've had some lows, but we're at a good place now. We've forgiven each other and we've moved on and I'm happy for that. Hope your day is great Pat. I love you!
3 comments:
She didn't choose the Twinkies, the Twinkies chose her! Granny Pat is a cool lady and has always been very supportive. I remember once when we had a sleep over at her house, Dave was by the sink and shot the little sink sprayer thing in the air. The water from it shot out and hit Granny in the back of the head. She looked up and thought there was a leak in the ceiling. We were all laughing too hard to tell her what really happened. I'm glad she is always enthusiastic and likes to talk about things. Also that she has had the same consistent hairdo my entire life! Happy birthday to Grandmother Pat!
Happy birthday, Mom!! What an eventful, interesting life Granny Pat has and continues to have. Here's to the next 80 years!!
That is a great tribute to Grandma and I have to say she is the youngest acting 80 year old I know. I hope to keep the same kind of stamina and involvement up as she does when I'm her age. I'm proud to be her namesake.
Post a Comment