Thursday, September 24, 2009

International Art Exhibit

Last Thursday I went with the Cleofon club (the club I belong to with my mother-in-law, Pat) to see the 8th International Art Exhibit at the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. It was so inspiring and moving. It's entitled Remembering the Great Things of God. The pieces of art were varied in form and design and there were some truly beautiful pieces of art that were on display. The 2009 exhibit features 197 works selected from 1,089 entries representing a worldwide range of cultural traditions, styles and media. Artists from 44 countries submitted entries based on the theme. Check out the web site here and browse through the pieces. Use the arrow at the bottom to enter the exhibit and then you can scroll through the pieces that are listed alphabetically by the artists last name and click to zoom in on each piece. The mediums used to convey the Great Thing of God ranged from oil paintings to watercolor, quilts, fabric art, ceramic, pottery, metal design, wood carving and many more. If you get a chance to see it in person, it's on display in the Conference Center until October 11. If not, then enjoy the web site. It's very well done. They even had a weaving from a woman in Mongolia. I'm so impressed with people who use their talents to convey their beliefs through art.

3 comments:

VFR said...

Very interesting art pieces, in many different mediums. There certainly is a lot of artistic talent among church members. Thanks for sharing.

Kylee said...

Sorry, I'm just getting caught up on your last few posts. Ellie is so cute! I'm so glad we live so close to them now. So I don't know if Jord has told you but you got me HOOKED on those soy beans!!! I could sit and snack on those like I could a bag of candy. Me and Jord went to Costco today and bought that big box of them and I'm SO excited!!

Claire said...

And yet, for some sad reason, Gr*g Ols*n continues to sell so much non-quality artwork.