Jake and Ellie had a little adventure over the weekend. They flew up to attend the BYU - Florida game. Yeah, the game was lame, but the visit was great. Since Ellie isn't two yet, she got to come with her daddy and fly for free and I got to tend her during the game. I dare say that we had a better time than those who attended the game!runs into our arms when she sees us (which is amazing because we don't see her that often!) and hugs us
she doesn't cry when her parents leave
she loves to swing really high and she has no fear
she put her head on her arm and said "night, night" and actually wanted to take her nap
she went down for her nap with nary a whimper, only asking for "mommy song" and "daddy song" (which we later learned meant the songs that go "I love Mommy, she loves me..." and "I'm so glad when daddy comes home") She had to settle for "I am a child of God" and "I love to see the temple."
she speaks really well and can communicate what she wants and it's SO CUTE to hear her little voice
she had no problem taking her bath and getting her hair washed...no tears, no struggles even when I poured the water right over her head
AND the most incredible thing about her, she wanted to take her diaper off and wear her Dora under panties! She told me "poops gamma" and I took her to the potty and she did her business. More than once with success! WOW!!
Gampy loved rocking her to sleep and singing songs, telling stories and just holding little Ellie before putting her to bed. She is a precious granddaughter and we loved having her and Jake visit us. 



6 comments:
She is a good little girl and I'm so glad that she was good for you. Thanks again for having her!
So sweet! You've probably never had one-on-one time with her. I'm glad you got to spend time with her.
And you're right- the BYU game was LAME
How fun!!! I love the cheer outfit. That's so great to spend alone time with Ellie. I can't believe she is almost potty trained, or is for that matter! That will help Jordan out so much with the new baby. What a loving grandma you are.
I'm looking at these with Milly and I can't convince her that those are pictures of her cousin Ellie, and not her. She keeps saying over and over "That's me. That's me." Sometime we'll have to get them together to play. Maybe Ellie can help Milly show more interest in potty training.
She is the exact same as my Alli! Only a little younger, and Alli isn't too interested in doing her business on the potty.
We have so much in common.
Really.
It boggles my mind.
Daily.
The end.
It was a great visit, and Ellie is such a sweetheart. Thanks to Jake for bringing her along on the trip. It was great to see them both.
Post a Comment