Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 21st Elder Andy




















Here is an excerpt from one of Andy's recent emails.
Its easy to just run around and talk
to everyone and tell them memorized
quotes and scriptures and whatnot,
but I can truly testify that there
is power in thinking about the gospel
and all its principles, about thinking
about Christ and His Atonement and how
we can apply it in our lives, about
thinking about God and the love He
has for us and the plan He created
in our behalf, about thinking about
the Restoration, its purposes, if it
happened or not, and if it did what
that means to us as individuals and
to the world as a whole. When I
truly think about the gospel and
ponder its importance to me, I feel
the spirit so much stronger, and
feel the spirit testify of my
words so much more fully. I know
we live in a run and gun, fast
paced world and that we forget
to think or to “ponder” sometimes,
but if we do the spirit can and
will speak to us, our testimonies
will be strengthened and hidden
things will be made know to us.
I know that to be true as I have
done it in my own life. I know
this church is true, God does
live and love us, as does
His son Jesus Christ. They
created a plan for us to be
happy to live peacefully and
to receive eternal life in
the world to come. They love
us so they created this world
so we could learn. They try
us and test us to see if we
will follow them, and when
we press forward our
testimonies are strengthened
and our eyes are opened to
the eternal scheme of things.
They restored their true
church on this earth through
the prophet Joseph Smith who
received their authority which
enabled him and his predecessors
to build temples where we can
make everlasting covenants with
God, and receive the blessings
of the Atonement of Jesus Christ
that allow us to live beautifully
now and which will allow us to
receive eternal life in the end."
I love you all, and pray for you all.
Elder Andy

Happy 21st Birthday dear son. Even though
you won't read this post, we still send
our love and best wishes for a
happy day. We all love you and
we're proud of the important
work you are doing. You've grown from a fun loving,
happy little boy to a fun loving, happy mature grown up man.
Your body has grown to match up to your huge spirit.
It's been a fun ride and we're all so happy to be a part of it.
Keep up the good work son. Keep going strong! We look forward
to celebrating with you next year. Happy Birthday Elder Andy!


















4 comments:

Kylee said...

Those pictures were great! Happy birthday Andy!

VFR said...

I am so proud of our son, and we love him so much. He is 21 now, considered in the world's eyes a man, but he has been a man for a long time now. He is happy, kind, caring, and a terrific servant of the Lord.

Claire said...

He's a silly and good boy. Sorry for scaring the crap out of him while pretending to be dead grandmother M* and causing him to sleep on the floor in your room until he was six feet tall.

Jord said...

He is a good bot and I can't believe he is an official adult!