I've been following this blog for several years now (thanks to a recommendation from Claire.) It inspires me. It sometimes shames me that I don't do more for others, and it always amazes me. It reminds me once again that we are spoiled beyond measure being wealthy Americans. Why do we have so much when so many in the world have so little? Shouldn't we be doing more to help?
The wonderful woman who writes it knows what is really important in life. She puts things into perspective. She looks for the good in bad situations. And she does simple but important things to make a difference. I admire that. I really, really admire that.
We're about to begin a home remodel. Do I really "need it" or do I just "want it?" How do you justify your wants from your needs? We really don't "need" anything but food, shelter, clothes and warmth. What's a person to do when they have so much and there are so many challenges in the world? I'm having a hard time justifying what we're about to begin.
Looking for Good in Lagos. Check it out by clicking here.
2 comments:
I guess you're right - we don't need much, really. But I'm glad that I don't live in Nigeria, for sure.
I just took a quick look. We had been without a computer for almost 3 weeks, so I'm doing lots of catch-up. I'll have to go back and look longer another time. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment