





I would love to attend a family reunion every year if I could. I enjoy seeing my extended family and having a good chat to catch up on their lives. This year I was lucky enough to be able to attend a small gathering of my dad's family which included about 30 people last weekend. He's been gone for 27 years now, but his brother and four sisters live on. Two of his sisters live in California and every August they come in for a visit. They are all getting up there in age, so it is a wonderful opportunity to see them and visit.
We all met at Sizzler for lunch. I thought that was a great idea - easy for everyone! People just got what they wanted to eat and paid for their own. Then we gathered in one of their banquet rooms and sat down to eat and visit. I got to sit by cousin-once-removed Helen. We had a great visit. She is an amazing woman who has done some good in the world. I'm very impressed with her. I also got to visit with cousins Rebecca and Steven, which is always delightful.
After lunch, we went over to my brother Gary's house for more visiting and to enjoy the family four food groups for dessert...pie (homemade huckleberry and raisin of course) , homemade ice cream (vanilla and Heggie carmel), cookies and cake. I got to visit with my Aunts Annie, June, Edna, Lorna and Marilyn and Uncles Val, Clair, Rex and Leno. They are such wonderful people. I wish we would have had more time to visit, since it is hard to spend as much time as I'd like talking to people. I also have a couple of cousins who are my age and who are cousins I really enjoyed playing with, writing letters to and just being with when we were growing up. Cousins Susan and Rebecca are two of my favorites and I really admire and enjoy these wonderful women. Once again, they are very interesting to talk to, they are accomplished women who have raised some wonderful children and who are doing some good in the world.
We decided to meet again next year and involve more people. A committee was formed and put to work to organized for next year. I can't wait!
1 comment:
Those are good folk, and interesting to talk to. Mayme and Ray reared a fine, solid family, and their kids have done well for themselves, also.
Post a Comment