Friday, August 13, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love (or not)

It isn't often that I really dislike a book. But I really did not like the book - Eat, Pray, Love. I didn't like the story, I didn't like the writing (and the offensive language) and I didn't like the self absorbed woman who took us on her own personal discovery journey. Who cares? I put it down before I even got to the end. That doesn't happen very often either.
So, the movie is coming out this weekend. It got average reviews. I'm going to pass on this one. Am I missing something?

3 comments:

VFR said...

I don't think so, and I haven't read the book or seen the movie, and I don't plan to do either. We have too many movies and books about self-absorbed people already.

Jord said...

I've never read it, but after that review I don't think I will. Thanks for sparing me a lame book.

Claire said...

I feel strangely compelled to go see the movie, Julia and I having so much in common and all. I will not read the book, however!