Monday, August 30, 2010

Using c-o-l-o-r

What colors do you choose to decorate with when you can have all the colors of the rainbow and then some to choose from??? This is the part of the project that is the most daunting to me. The use of COLOR! I'm a big fan of using color. I've used lots of different colors over the years and I've also enjoyed having an almost completely white home. I know that my tastes run more traditional, but I did have a lime green kitchen which I loved (so what does that say about me?) I've received input from several trusted advisers. I wish my three daughters and my sisters lived closer so that I could get their input, but alas, that is not going to happen. Tomorrow the color starts to go on the walls. I look at it this way...it's only paint, right? I can change it if I want to later, but for now, I hope we've chosen something that we will all enjoy for many years. That's the plan anyway. I hope we do love it, because it's expensive and labor intensive to change it too often.
These were my goals:
~have the colors be inviting and warm with a classy feel to them
~have a color scheme that flowed from room to room
~try something kinda new, but not too crazy
~use colors that I love
~get input from the "boys" and use some of their ideas. (They were few, but I did ask.)
I'm scared and excited. Now the fun part begins!

3 comments:

Lee said...

I can't wait to see what you decided on! You're right, it will be easy to change after awhile if you don't love it, but I'll bet you will!

Jamie Jo said...

What shade did you decide on? Are you doing one shade throughout the whole house, or will there be some rooms with something different? I have to repaint every so often, just because I need the change. If I could, I would repaint all of my house something different. The color on most of my walls is called Maple Sugar. I like it, but it has been on for over five years, so it's time for a change. ;) My room is one that I'll never repaint again, though, because now that I textured the walls, it would be too much work.

VFR said...

I think it's a crock that they have such stupid names for colors. No longer is it just blue, green, yellow, brown, etc. Now, the colors are named after fruits, vegetables, harvest moons, feelings, and sundry such things. Who are these jokers who make up names for colors, anyway?