I made two of these cakes on Sunday amid the mess in the kitchen. One was to welcome some new neighbors and the other was for a friend who had just received some very sad news. It's a recipe of my mom's that I've made for many, many years. I usually have all the ingredients on hand, so it is very easy to make.I give you Mary's Lazy Daisy Cake~
4 eggs
2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
Mix eggs, add sugar and vanilla and beat about 4 minutes. Add the dry ingredients and beat. In a saucepan heat milk and butter to a boil. Add to batter mixture. Mix. Batter will be thin. Pour in a greased 13" by 9" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Frosting:
mix 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 butter
3/4 half and half (can use milk if needed)
2 cups coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
Heat in a sauce pan until butter is melted. Pour on warm cake. Put under the broiler in the oven and broil until coconut browns, about 2 minutes. Watch closely.
Enjoy!
2 comments:
Too bad you didn't make three cakes, Vonnie. We would have eaten the other one. Very nice of you to share with the neighbors, though.
I will have to try it soon!
Post a Comment