Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas traditons - #15













































We love to play Christmas music on the piano! Over the years (everyone including Andy who is not pictured) has played piano Christmas music. Some have played more enthusiastically than others, but still. The picture of reluctant Claire is a classic! All of our kids have participated in Christmas piano recitals and played Christmas songs, ranging from very difficult (Jordan and Rick) to very simple (Yevon, Dave and Claire) and from fun stuff to more traditional Christmas hymns. There is something about playing Christmas music on the piano that I love...the simplicity of it all the the chance to make some beautiful Christmas melodies come from the piano. We even break into group singing on Christmas eve and we've enjoyed that tradition for many years. I love having a piano in our home and for the beautiful music that has come from it over many years. An added perk is that our son-in-law R and daughter-in-law Courtney both play as well. I can't wait for the Christmas eve program. There is apt to be some good music played on the piano. We got it for Christmas in 1989 (wow, almost 20 years ago), and it has added so much to our home environment, especially at Christmas time. I think I'll go play a Christmas song right now...

5 comments:

VFR said...

Not too many happy smiles on the faces of the pianists - only Vonnie and Jord. The others are either very serious musicians, or don't like playing the piano. Which is which?

Jamie Jo said...

Those are awesome pictures! I wish my piano worked. I have an awesome old shabby piano, but a few of the hammer things are missing, so it can't play five or so major keys, like C major. That's great that all the kids played.

Carol said...

That picture of Claire is classic. What an accomplishment that your entire family plays!

Claire said...

Sorry, Carol, all I can play anymore is chopsticks. All those years of lessons gone to waste!

Lee said...

the pict of Claire takes the cake! so funny- also funny is the orange couch in the background of the one of you and Rick. . . I don't really remember that couch- but I'm sure you do!