
My friend Ginger made this darling nativity advent calendar one year for us when we were first married. It's been our favorite calendar of all. It was always fun to see the nativity scene being built each month. I would usually get in a panic when the wise men started arriving, because that meant that Christmas day was very close (and usually I had MILES to go before I would be ready for Christmas day.) I've copied the pattern and would be happy to share. I've helped many people make one of their own. I made one for Lauren and Ellie last year and I intend to make one for each of our kids and their families eventually. It helps keep the focus on the reason we celebrate Christmas. This picture shows the completed calendar - as if it were Christmas day - with the baby Jesus arriving last!

As I recall, Lee make this cute Christmas tree count down for us one year. It's so simple, yet fun to do. Now that our kids are gone, I just get up in the morning and advance each one myself. I think Rick may even take a turn now and then. I think advent calendars are fun and a great way to count down until Christmas. I noticed that Tanner had one in his bedroom made out of a paper chain. The school days were one color and the weekend and holiday were another. Even big boys like Tanner like to keep track of where we are in the month!
5 comments:
Thanks for the note on the advent calendars and other ways of counting down the days until Christmas. It's always great to concentrate on the real reason for this season - the celebration of the birth of the Savior.
I LOVE countdown to Christmas calendars! My mom had the first one and the last one when I was growing up. I really like that nativity one though. Now that I'm done with school (well in a week), I just might have time to actually make stuff like that, so I'll probably be asking you for the pattern. Thanks for sharing!
I don't have that tree one with the beads anymore because the wire kept breaking off. Oh the crafts I've painted over the years. . . what great memories they are
I don't have that tree one with the beads anymore because the wire kept breaking off. Oh the crafts I've painted over the years. . . what great memories they are
We love the calendar you made for us and Lauren is doing her best to not put up all of the pieces at once. It is great to see her each day pick a piece out of the pocket and put it in it's place. Thanks!!!
Post a Comment