Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas traditions - #11

















THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS!
For many years I have had a secret little elf bring me gifts for the 12 days of Christmas. He leaves the gifts on the seat of my car, starting 12 days before Christmas! How sweet it that? I usually forget about this happy tradition until the day I go out to my car and open the door and what to my wondering eyes see,
but a little gift
and a sweet poem
attached to the gift
on a post-it-note
just for me!
The elf brings me things I need this time of year, like wrapping paper, tape, ribbons and bows, bags of candy to fill all my candy dishes, nuts, movie tickets, gift cards, tree ornaments, all my favorite things of all sorts and sometimes a special gift at the end on the 12th day.
I don't know how this little elf gets into our garage. My husband suspects some of our neighbors and he is irritated by the liberties they take in coming into our garage. I don't care who brings it! I LOVE MY LITTLE ELF!! THANKS ELFFIE!! You're the best ELFFIE a girl could have!

5 comments:

Annie said...

I LOVE that idea! How extra sweet of that secret someone.

Claire said...

I just know it's the neighbor man across the street - he has his eye on you.

VFR said...

I'm very leery of this trespasser who has an eye on you. I do think Claire's right - we just need to catch him in the act.

Jord said...

That is sweet of the man and I'm sure he enjoys the tradition as much as you!

Lee said...

Wait a minute- the mystery thickens. . . I thought you keep your cars locked inside your garage. . . now who could possibly access your can without a key? It's a big mystery that I'm sure will never be solved. . . that is one kind elf