Monday, December 15, 2008

Brian Stokes Mitchell

You know how it is when you find something you LOVE...something you fall for instantly... something that really grabs you? Well this just happened to me again. These moments don't come along very often, so I savor them when they do! I love the voice of Brian Stokes Mitchell. What a voice! I'll be needing one of his CDs soon. Very soon.
I first heard him sing while listening to Music and the Spoken word at the MTC in September. I'd never heard of him before. I was smitten instantly. Then yesterday he once again sang with the Mormon Tabernacle choir as their guest for Music and the Spoken word and for their annual Christmas concert. It was beyond wonderful. Here are a couple of clips for you to listen to his voice! See what I mean? Wow!!! I love Man of La Mancha and the role of Don Quixote played by Brian Stokes Mitchell in the clip. We saw the play at the Shakespeare festival a few years ago (unfortunately he didn't play Don Quixote, but the man who did was very good.) The Impossible Dream is such a moving song to me. Also, check out the brief appearance of the actress who played Maid Marion in Robin Hood & the Prince of Thieves movie a few years back.



Video Courtesy of KSL.com

2 comments:

Claire said...

Looks like someone else thought the same thing you did:
http://missnemesis.blogspot.com/2008/12/can-check-this-one-off-things-to-do-in.html

VFR said...

The guy is pretty good, that's for sure. What a voice! I'm glad the MoTabs could get him to come.