Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas traditions - #14































CHRISTMAS BOOKS
I love to read Christmas books, especially children's Christmas books. I started collecting them a long time ago and I probably have more than 30 now. One of my good friends (Connie) gave me a book each Christmas for many years.
Our children loved to read them and so did I!
I keep the religious one's upstairs and the Santa and other ones in a basket downstairs. Here are some of my favorites:
When Jesus Was Born in Bethlehem
The Christmas Creche
Jacob's Gift
Bright Christmas, An Angel Remembers
The Christmas Candle
The Gift of the Magi
The Christmas Pea Coat
A Night Without Darkness - A Nephite Christmas Story
Christmas Oranges
A Christmas Dress of Ellen
They Followed a Bright Star
The Forgotten Carols
Auntie Claus
Polar Express
The Three Trees
Christmas Day in the Morning
The Night Before Christmas
A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Cup of Tea
The Little Match Girl
The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey
The Year of the Perfect Christmas Tree
The Velveteen Rabbit
Baboushka
Santa's Favorite Story
The Snow Queen

I can't wait until my grand babes come so that we can read them together! SIX MORE DAYS!!!


3 comments:

Linda said...

Dear Vonnie,

I have a Google Alert on the phrase, "Christmas Oranges" so anytime those two words are posted together to the internet, I receive a link to the posting. Today I received a link to your blog.

Thank you for including "Christmas Oranges" on your list of favorite holiday books. That's a very nice compliment and I can see by the others on your list, it puts "Christmas Oranges" in great company!

In looking over the list of websites you visit often, I see we have many interests in common. This week I learned of another website when I was contacted to do an interview for their site. It is http://www.yourLDSneighborhood.com You might enjoy this site too. I've only had a few minutes to look but I LOVED the Christmas music by Stephen Jones and the other things I saw.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your little ones near.

Linda Bethers
"Christmas Oranges"
bethl214@yahoo.com

VFR said...

Way to go, Vonnie, you're attracting the great authors to your blog! Thanks for the post on the good Christmas stories and books - they are a great tradition.

Jord said...

I do love your Christmas book collection and I know the girls will love it too.