Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas traditions - #16






































Christmas time brings special treats for all the five senses - hearing, seeing, touching, tasting & SMELLING. I love the unique smells that occur only at Christmas - baking cookies, breads and candy. Freshly cut Christmas trees. Smells from special meals prepared only this time of year. I like to add a little Christmas scent to go along with all the naturally occurring smells that we enjoy.
  • Candles
  • Plug in Wallflowers from Bath and Body and in cinnamon, nutmeg, peppermint or pine
  • My own Christmas scent creation, simmering in a little crock pot in the kitchen.

5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That little crock pot looks like it smells delicious. I love good scents. I love the smell of fresh trees, or really good candle fakes. And I love peppermint. I stock up on Bath & Body's Peppermint lotion this time of year. Spencer tells me I smell like a candy cane.

P.S. I need your address. I don't know where I put your envelope with your return. Sorry.

Annie said...

I can smell your scents from here! Enjoy your Christmas with the kinder:)

Carol said...

Your crockpot looks so cute. What do you have in it?

Vonnie said...

The crock pot just has fresh pine, fresh oranges, whole cloves, cinnamon sticks and water. It's a heavenly scent and I like it better than the artificial ones. JJ - I'll email our address.

VFR said...

Too many candles burning can make a man go crazy, but the right amount of scent is okay. What is the happy medium? Why can't someone make a candle that smells like a football stadium, or locker room, or cold, hard cash?