Friday, February 27, 2009

Gifts that keep on giving




This year for Christmas we received some generous and thoughtful gifts from our children. The thing I like most about them, is that we are still enjoying them and will continue to enjoy them for some time to come.

Dave and Courtney gave me some wonderful bathroom products. I've enjoyed the bubble bath, fizz aromatherapae balls and lotions from Bath and Body - one of my favorite places. I'll enjoy pampering myself all year long. They gave Rick the new BYU Vault football book. It's a compilation of a bunch of BYU football facts and memorabilia. He loves it and I've enjoyed reading it as well. It sits on our coffee table and is enjoyed by all who visit us. They couldn't have thought of a better gift for him!















Jord and Jake gave us this meaningful word collage wall hanging. They asked each person in our family to submit some words that they thought exemplified each of us. Jord knew a woman in her area who makes these tribute posters for income. The designer took each of the words submitted by our kids and their spouses and then she decided the font size, color and placement of each phrase or word to make the word collage . It was very humbling to see which words our children chose to describe each of us. I hope we live up to the words they attributed to us! It was very sweet of all of them and a gift we will enjoy for years to come. (I covered up Rick's occupation with the blue post -it note since he didn't want that shown here.)


Claire and Rich gave us this digital photo frame. We love it! It sits on our piano and we love to turn it on and watch some of our favorite family moments once again. Claire loaded 100s of pictures on it and some video chips. We love to see all those family faces smiling out at us when we pass by. When we start missing our family too much, we can turn this on and great memories come flooding back. Cherished family memories are preserved and shown in such a fabulous new techno way!
Thanks again to one and all. We send our love.

5 comments:

Jord said...

Those are good gifts, if I say so myself! :) Thanks to you and Dad for the great gifts you got for us too.

Eileen said...

What a clever way of sending a "thank you" note. I want to copy you. Actually, I want to be you. You are my HERO. :)

linomy
Warning: if the "word verification" is good-I like to share.

VFR said...

Thanks, Vonnie, for the post. Thanks, kids, for the great and thoughtful gifts. We love you, Vonnie, and we love the kids.

Jamie Jo said...

That word collage is awesome!!! I'm sure the love and praise of your children beats any you might get from the "world" through your careers or community involvement.

Claire said...

I still think mine is the best!