Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stand tall

Check out this interview recording with an LDS student at Harvard named Rachel Esplin. It takes about 20 minutes to hear the entire interview, but it is well worth the time it takes to listen to it.

This young woman (who is a student at Harvard) spoke at a religious symposium and represented the LDS church. I think she is only 20 years old, but she is amazing. She is very poised and articulate as she explains what we believe and the principles of the Gospel as we understand them to the audience. President Hinckley has always asked us to practice tolerance with other people's beliefs. I hope other people were tolerant of her beliefs as well. She does a beautiful job explaining what we believe and in answering the questions that were put to her. She is a credit to my religion and she capably explains my own religions beliefs.

2 comments:

Annie said...

How funny that we both posted this video at the same time! Chris Tew sent us the link about a month ago and I've thought of this young woman often since then. Her parents must be so proud of her. I know I am, and I don't even know her.

VFR said...

Excellent interview with the young lady at Harvard. She is exceptional in her knowledge of the church, in her ability to explain basic doctrines, and in her testimony of the church, all without being offensive in the least particular. What a great video. Thanks, Vonnie.