Friday, November 21, 2008

Weekend in Colorado, Part 2














My camera batteries died toward the end of the trip, so I had to have Claire forward me these last photos from her camera. I have an old school digital with batteries. Bummer.
Anyway...
We hooked up with R and Claire Friday night and headed straight to the mall to catch Jimmy Bond in Quantum of Solace. It was just fair. We headed back to the Comfort Inn to sleep again and then we got going the next morning, heading to the Air Force Academy to see their museum, store and campus. We were invited to a tailgate party with some of R and Claire's friends from their home town and enjoyed some good dogs and brauts on the grill. Then is was off to the game which I described earlier.
After the game we went to the Broadmoor resort. Wow. It is the classiest place I've been to. Rick and I spend a night there when were we on our honeymoon almost 30 years ago and then again when I was expecting Andy while he was attending a conference. It is an amazing five star resort and we enjoyed a hot chocolate there before heading to eat dinner at a more affordable place - the Olive Garden.
Sunday we got up and headed to church. After going to two buildings, we finally found a ward that started at 9:00 so that we could catch sacrament meeting before heading home. Claire and R took off for their five hour drive and we started our nine hour drive. We had some good chats with Dave and Courtney while driving home and really enjoyed spending time with them and with R and Claire. The weather was nice the whole weekend (except for a little snow storm we got in while driving there Thursday night at the top of the Eisenhower tunnel area) and we had a wonderful weekend. We also ran in to Rick's cousin Tim Ping who lives outside Denver and it was so nice to see him, his wife LouAnn and their some Graham. They also have a daughter named Claire, who is younger than our Claire. I wonder where they got the idea for the name :)
























3 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

That sounds like a great trip. That hotel looked wonderful! I always love Olive Garden. We saw 007 as well. I couldn't follow the plot very well. They confuse me. But Daniel Craig is good eye candy. I still am trying to figure out why there was a hotel in the middle of nowhere in a scary country.

VFR said...

Thanks for the very descriptive post, Vonnie. It was a wonderful trip,and we had a great time. I thoroughly enjoyed being with Dave and Courtney, R and Claire, and, most importantly, you.

Jord said...

Fun trip! J definitely should have gone to this game instead.