Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude



Come thou Fount of every blessing;
Tune my heart to sing thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above,
Praise the mount; I'm fixed upon it:
Mount of thy redeeming love.

Here I raise my Ebenezer, Hither by
thy help I'm come
And I hope, by thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home,
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love,
Here's my heart. O take and seal it;
Seal it for thy courts above.

Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wand'ring from the fold of God,
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed his precious blood,
/Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love./
O to grace how great a debtor Daily
I'm constrained to be!
Let they goodness, like a fetter, Bind
my wandering heart to thee

Prone to wander, Lord I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love.
Here's my heart. O take and seal it;
Seal it for thy courts above.

Count your many blessings - here are a few of mine:
  • eyes to see, ears to hear
  • secure employment
  • clean water to drink and good food to eat
  • a warm comfortable home
  • comfortable and reliable transportation
  • unlimited long distance phone calling
  • bubble baths
  • meaningful service
  • digital cameras, cell phones, web cams, email, blogs
  • weekly emails from Mongolia
  • clean sheets
  • life long friends
  • growth through trials
  • religious freedom
  • a kind and considerate husband who I love dearly
  • my Bosch bread mixer
  • opportunities to learn and grow
  • Clinique dramatically different face lotion
  • two sons-in-law who love my daughters and take good care of them
  • no weight gain this year
  • good progress on daily exercise
  • health and strength
  • exposure to new ideas and ways of doing things
  • two beautiful grand-daughters who are healthy and happy
  • Flare cinnamon gum
  • parents who raised me well
  • knowing how to work
  • my formal education
  • Haagen Daz dulce de leche icecream
  • two daughters who bring me so much happiness
  • a missionary son
  • inspirational music
  • cold watermelon
  • a beautiful new daughter-in-law and a handsome son recently married
  • Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
  • the infinite atonement
  • repentance and forgiveness
  • Our Heavenly Father

3 comments:

Kylee said...

That's so awesome and perfect for the holiday! But I'm guessing that's why you did it... what a good idea. We truly are blessed with so much!

VFR said...

We do have so many blessings, and we are so fortunate. Thanks for the reminders, Vonnie. Happy Thanksgiving. I love you.

Jord said...

Good list Mom! I am grateful for you too!