Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Typical week











What is your typical week like? Mine is pretty predictable and regular at this point in my life. Here is a peek:
Monday - Friday
  • 6:15 the alarm goes off for Rick. He goes out running. My alarm goes off at 6:45, but I'm usually already awake.
  • 7:00 - 8:00 get up and go walking or play tennis with Patsy (now that it's colder we sometimes go to the Rec Center and do the elliptical machine or walk inside)
  • 7:15 - Rick leaves for work
  • 8:00 - 9:00 read the paper, get ready for the day, do a home chore or two
  • 9:00-leave for work
  • 9:30-2:30 work
  • 3:00 - 4:00 go to Curves (M, W, F)
  • 4:00-5:00 do errands, VT, attend meetings at Scera, do a couple home chores
  • 6:00-8:00 M go to dinner with some empty nest couples and have a little FHE or have our own studying Preach my Gospel or a conference talk
  • 5:30-9:00 on T and W - serve at the MTC (eat dinner there on W)
  • 5:00-6:00 T and Th - make dinner
  • 6:00 Rick gets home
  • 6:00 on Thursday - once a month we go to a play at Pioneer or we'll go to the temple, or I'll have my ladies group meetings
  • 6:00 on Friday we often go out to dinner and a movie or some other activity or go out with some friends
  • We try and be in bed by 10:00 (but it's usually 11:00). We sometimes read before we fall asleep if we're not too tired. We fit prayers and scriptures into the day as well.

Saturdays mornings (when we are in town) we clean the house and do the laundry. Rick always cleans the bathrooms, and we take turns vacuuming and mopping the kitchen floor. I do the picking up and dealing with the stacks of paper and stuff that accumulates during the week. Afternoons are usually football for him and doing something I want for me. We usually get Saturday evenings at home.

Sunday - Rick is at the MTC from 7:00-3:00. I'm there from 8:00-12:00. We eat lunch there. We do our HT in the afternoon when he gets home. We have a couple of hours to read the paper and take a nap. We usually have someone over to eat dinner. Last week he hosted Dave's old roommates and Dave and Courtney. It was a fun evening and those young men can really eat. In two weeks we'll have Sydney and Adam and after that the Lindley girls.

6 comments:

Claire said...

Wow you stay pretty busy, that's cool! You are always good to invite people over for dinner. I wish we lived closer so we wouldn't have to eat cereal for Sunday dinner sometimes (happens rarely, but it does happen).

Lee said...

I've often wondered if other people's lives are as predictable as mine. I guess so! I love my routine and wouldn't have it any other way.

VFR said...

It's great to have a schedule, like it, and stick to it. It makes things run predictably, and, in my mind, well. Thanks for the schedule of your life at this point, Vonnie.

Shauna said...

I ♥ your blog! Thanks for sharing :)

Annie said...

See, I told you you were busy!

Jord said...

That is a busy schedule Mom and I know that you get a lot done. I like to stay busy too and keep to some sort of routine if I can help it.