Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Margie's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Years ago, Rick's sister Margie worked at a muffin store in the mall. She got a bunch of their recipes that we have enjoyed making over the years. They are delicious! One of my favorites to make in the fall is this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin recipe. It makes almost six dozen muffins, so you may want to freeze some, cut the recipe in half or share with your neighbors. We shared with our VT and HT families and they disappeared very quickly. Here's the recipe:
Beat together 2 cups oil, 2 cups brown sugar, 4 cups sugar (ya, I know, it's a TON of sugar) 8 beaten eggs, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking soda dissolved in 1/3 cup warm water. Then add 4 cups pumpkin, 7 cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, 2 teaspoons cloves, 2 teaspoons nutmeg and 4 teaspoons cinnamon. Add a cup warm water before the flour is completely incorporated and 3 cups semi sweet or milk chocolate chips or some of both. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Kylee said...

Yum! Those look SO good! Muffins have become one of my new favorite things lately. And pumpkin choc. chip, even better! Thanks for the recipe.

Lee said...

I've had this recipe for several years and love making it in the fall. I just ate the last one from a batch I made prob 6 weeks ago, so I'd better make one more batch before Thanksgiving comes and goes. They are delicious- and I've convinced myself they're healthy, but probably not so much.

VFR said...

There are some good fall treats, and cookies and muffins fit in that category. Thanks for the information, Vonnie.

Jord said...

These babies are good and made a ton of muffins!

mandmjensen said...

Those look delicious! I always love muffin recipes! Thanks, Yevon!