Sunday, May 23, 2010

Yard WORK









We have some fun guests help us initiate our new patio set. It's always a pleasure to have Syd and Adam around. They even helped put the patio furniture together so we could eat on it.








We've been working like slaves in our yard. After we got the new paint job, we wanted to move ahead and get the yard in shape. Every spring we spend several weekends getting the flower beds cleaned out and planted, cleaning out the garage and the setting up the yard for summer fun. This year was no exception, but this time we added new top soil to all the flower beds. LOTS of new top soil. Many wheel-barrel loads were dumped on the flower beds, with lots of new planting and weeding. I'm really glad our yard isn't any bigger than it is, because it takes us plenty of time to get it ship shape. The nice thing about it is that once it's cleaned up, we only have to weed and feed a couple of times during the summer. Here's a look at the progress. Jordan's lilac bush was loaded with lilacs this year. It must have something to do with all the rain we've had. I love spring flowers and a well groomed yard. It's a lot of work, but well worth it. I really enjoy being outside and working in the yard. It must have something to do with my farm girl roots.

4 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Your yard looks wonderful. (Too bad about the snow!)

VFR said...

The yard does look good, and I'm also glad that it isn't one square inch bigger than it is.

Jord said...

Nice work Mom. Your labor paid off and I think the new fence thing along the drive way is very cute.

tutus n bowties said...

We loved coming over for a fun dinner! Thanks for always being so good to us!!