Wednesday, May 5, 2010

And the red one takes the prize

April 23, 2010
March 23, 2010

Do you notice anything strange about these photos?
That's right...look hard.
No, it's not the funny looking young men in the photo.
No, it's not the beautiful young woman.
Look harder.

That's right, you've almost got it!
One balloon was still floating...
a FULL MONTH after it was inflated.
And no, sadly, it wasn't the blue balloon
(although it hung in there for three full weeks)
It was the darn red one!
Victorious in the end.

I wonder if there is some sort of cryptic message in there somehow for the fall football season...Hum....

I let them float away in the office to see how long they would go.
Balloon makers must have taken "high float" to a new level.
They were purchased by Granny Pat at
Kohler's grocery store in Highland.
Balloons that float for a full month. Wow, I'm impressed!
And the football season, well, we'll see about that.
(Don't think this will jinx the season dear husband,
it's only a couple of balloons
after all.)

2 comments:

VFR said...

This is not a harbinger of the success of any particular team this coming football season over any other particular team. It can't be, and I refuse to let it be. However, it is amazing that balloons would still float for that many weeks after being purchased.

tutus n bowties said...

Haha this was pretty funny. P.s. I loved your list!