Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring was sighted down south, and it's headed this way


Rick attended a conference in St. George last week and we went down Tuesday night through Saturday. One of those days I got to spend some time with Carol and her family. They rented a house in Washington and they were enjoying the sun, warmth and free time as well. We enjoyed lunch together and of course a piece of pie from Croshaw's Gourmet Pie store. I'm happy to report that I didn't gain 2 lbs this year since I avoided eating pie with lunch and dinner for three days! It was hard, but I stuck to only two slices. I love that pie store!
The St. George temple was stunning. The contrast between the white temple and the blue sky takes your breath away. Add the red rock in the background and the spring flowers and it makes for a beautiful sight. How many climates do you suppose support lilac trees and palm trees in the same area? That seemed unusual to me. Is there a better scent that lilac? I think not!
Rick and I attended the temple one evening and had a wonderful experience, as usual. I love the history and spirit of that temple.








3 comments:

Annie said...

GORGEOUS flowers. I love spring. Hurry/hurry to Cache Valley!

Jamie Jo said...

I love how that white temple looks against those red cliffs. Beautiful!

VFR said...

Thanks for the recap, Vonnie. It was a great trip to St. George, for sure, and we had a wonderful time.